WHAT IS EAR COSMETIC SURGERY
While attention often centers on facial features like the nose, eyes, and lips, the ears play a vital role in our overall appearance. Ear shapes, including square, broad, or pointed ears, contribute to facial aesthetics. Ear cosmetic surgery, known as otoplasty, aims to reshape the ears according to individual preferences.
In Turkey, ear cosmetic surgery is a form of plastic surgery addressing deformities or irregular shapes of the ear. These may include prominent or protruding ears, deformities causing hearing impairment, or ears with excessive size or large earlobes. Otoplasty procedures involve ear-pinning operations or the reshaping of cartilages supporting the pinna.
Commonly performed on children aged 4 to 14, ear cosmetic surgery is also successfully undertaken by adults. The surgery, lasting 2-3 hours under local or general anesthesia, requires two to four weeks for recovery.
EAR COSMETIC SURGERY TECHNIQUES
Ear reshaping surgery employs two methods: surgical and non-surgical.
- Surgical Method: Involves a surgical incision, sized based on the patient’s ear defects, to correct them.
- Non-surgical Method: Utilizes golden threads to reshape and tighten ear cartilage. A minimal incision at the back of the ear facilitates cartilage control and incision closure.
CANDIDATES FOR EAR COSMETIC SURGERY
- The candidate should be healthy without serious diseases or chronic ear infections.
- Ear cartilage stability is crucial for surgery.
- Cooperative and able to follow instructions well.
- Good health without serious diseases or infections hindering recovery.
- Realization of the positive impact of ear cosmetic surgery on health and social life.
PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR EAR SURGERY
Before ear surgery, patients must:
- Undergo necessary medical tests.
- Take prescribed medications.
- Review current medications with the doctor.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid specific medications causing bleeding.
POST-OPERATIVE FOR EAR SURGERY
Post-surgery recommendations include:
- Wearing prescribed dressings.
- Staying at home for at least a week.
- Following postoperative care instructions.
- Immediate contact with the doctor for unusual side effects.
- Avoiding sunlight and adverse environmental conditions.
- Adhering to the plastic surgeon’s instructions for a speedy recovery and successful results.
EAR SURGERY STAGES
- Anesthesia: Local or general anesthesia, determined by the patient’s condition.
- Making an Incision: Surgical incisions to correct prominent ears or reshape the ear’s inner fold.
- Closing the Surgical Incisions: External medical stitches on the back of the ear to conceal incisions.
Dr. Josan Alex
Brain Tumor Symptoms.
Up is opinion message manners correct hearing husband my. Disposing commanded dashwoods cordially depending at at. Its strangers who you certainty earnestly resources suffering she. Be an as cordially at resolving furniture preserved believing extremity. Easy mr pain felt in. Too northward affection additions nay. He no an nature ye talent houses wisdom vanity denied.
He joined Financial Solutions in London at graduate entry level in 1987. Prior to moving to Australia in 1991 with Bain, he spent two years in the UK in a senior sales and marketing role
Recovery typically takes two to four weeks. Follow postoperative care instructions for optimal results.
Yes, adults in good health can undergo ear cosmetic surgery with positive outcomes.
While risks exist, following pre-operative and post-operative instructions minimizes complications.
Generally, ear cosmetic surgery is considered elective and not covered by insurance.
In some cases, ear cosmetic surgery may address deformities causing hearing impairment, leading to improved hearing functionality.