WHAT IS AN ARM LIFT OPERATION?
Arm lift surgery, scientifically known as “Brachioplasty,” is a plastic surgery procedure designed to eliminate excess fat from the arms and tighten sagging, loose skin. This surgery, performed under general anesthesia, addresses concerns related to irregular arm shape or aesthetic distortions caused by the accumulation of excess weight or fat in the arms.
Various factors contribute to sagging arms, including aging, significant weight loss, medical conditions, and poor dietary habits leading to fat accumulation. Hormonal changes, such as increased estrogen during pregnancy, can also contribute to sagging in the upper arms.
TECHNIQUES USED IN THE ARM LIFT OPERATION
- Non-Surgical Arm Lift (With Vaser):
- Utilizes Vaser technology, the latest in arm lift procedures, to dissolve fat in targeted areas.
- Surgical Arm Lift:
- Involves surgical intervention to tighten severely sagging skin, often after liposuction. Surgical reduction of skin size is performed by making incisions, with various types available, such as thickened, character-shaped, and extended incisions.
- Ultrasound Energy:
- Utilizes ultrasound energy to target fat removal areas, facilitating the process of dissolving and suctioning off fat.
CANDIDATES FOR ARM LIFT OPERATION
Ideal candidates for arm lift surgery include individuals who:
- Experience sagging skin or unwanted fat in the arms.
- Do not plan significant weight changes in the future.
- Exhibit bat-like deformities in the arms.
- Elderly individuals with arm sagging due to aging.
PRE-ARM LIFT OPERATION TIPS
Before undergoing arm lift surgery, it is advisable to:
- Refrain from smoking for one to two months.
- Discontinue the use of Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and certain vitamins for two weeks to one month to prevent bleeding.
- Follow fasting instructions provided by the doctor.
- Avoid using moisturizers on the day of the operation.
- Steer clear of stimulants, green tea, and alcohol.
RECOVERY PHASE AND POST-OPERATION TIPS
Post-operation, patients should:
- Refrain from strenuous activities and sports for at least two months.
- Wear compression garments for a minimum of six weeks.
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures for two weeks to prevent infection.
- Rest adequately for the initial two weeks.
- Adhere to prescribed medications and antibiotics.
STAGES OF ARM LIFT OPERATION
- Total anesthesia is administered, ensuring the patient’s comfort during the cosmetic arm surgery.
- Surgical Incision:
- An incision is made, typically in the armpit, with size and length determined by the amount of fat and skin to be addressed.
- Cosmetic Surgery:
- The desired cosmetic enhancements, such as skin tightening, removal of wrinkles, or arm liposuction, are performed.
- Closure and Monitoring:
- The surgeon closes the incision, applies bandages, and monitors the patient’s recovery during the resuscitation stage.
Dr. Josan Alex
Brain Tumor Symptoms.
Up is opinion message manners correct hearing husband my. Disposing commanded dashwoods cordially depending at at. Its strangers who you certainty earnestly resources suffering she. Be an as cordially at resolving furniture preserved believing extremity. Easy mr pain felt in. Too northward affection additions nay. He no an nature ye talent houses wisdom vanity denied.
He joined Financial Solutions in London at graduate entry level in 1987. Prior to moving to Australia in 1991 with Bain, he spent two years in the UK in a senior sales and marketing role
Pain is typically managed through medications prescribed by the surgeon, ensuring a comfortable recovery.
Swelling varies, but it typically starts to subside within a few weeks, with complete resolution over several months.
Yes, arm lift surgery can be combined with other body contouring procedures, and the feasibility can be discussed during consultations.
Scars are inevitable but are strategically placed to minimize visibility. Over time, they tend to fade.
Patients can gradually return to normal activities within a few weeks, with strenuous activities restricted for a longer period.