What is Penile Implant Surgery?
Penile implant surgery, or penile prosthesis surgery, is a medical intervention designed to address erectile dysfunction (ED) through the implantation of a device into the penis. This surgical procedure offers a solution for individuals for whom other treatments have proven ineffective. The two primary types of implants utilized are inflatable and malleable (semi-rigid), each serving to facilitate erections when desired.
Penile Implant Surgery Techniques:
The techniques employed in penile implant surgery encompass two main approaches:
- Inflatable Implants: This technique involves the precise placement of two inflatable cylinders, a pump located in the scrotum, and a reservoir strategically positioned in the abdomen.
- Malleable or Semi-Rigid Implants: This alternative technique incorporates the insertion of rods into the penis, resulting in a permanently semi-rigid state, offering a different approach to achieving erections.
Candidates for Penile Implant Surgery:
Men considered suitable candidates for penile implant surgery typically exhibit the following characteristics:
- Having exhausted other ED treatments without success.
- A clear medical cause for their ED.
- Maintaining good physical and psychological health.
- Possessing realistic expectations regarding the outcomes of the surgery.
Stages of Penile Implant Surgery:
The procedural stages of penile implant surgery are as follows:
- Anesthesia: Patients are usually administered either general anesthesia or spinal anesthesia.
- Incision: A small, carefully placed incision is made in the penis or scrotum.
- Implant Placement: The chosen implant is precisely inserted into the penis.
- Closure: The incision is meticulously closed using stitches.
Pre-Penile Implant Operation Tips:
Before undergoing penile implant surgery, it is essential to adhere to the following pre-operative tips:
- Follow your doctor’s instructions, including any fasting requirements.
- Inform your healthcare provider about all medications or supplements you are currently taking.
- Cease smoking and abstain from alcohol in the days leading up to the surgery.
Post-Penile Implant Operation Tips:
After the surgery, proper post-operative care is critical:
- Adhere to the post-operative care instructions provided by your surgeon.
- Maintain cleanliness in the surgical area and follow proper hygiene practices.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Avoid engaging in strenuous activities and sexual activity for the recommended recovery period.
Dr. Josan Alex
Brain Tumor Symptoms.
Up is opinion message manners correct hearing husband my. Disposing commanded dashwoods cordially depending at at. Its strangers who you certainty earnestly resources suffering she. Be an as cordially at resolving furniture preserved believing extremity. Easy mr pain felt in. Too northward affection additions nay. He no an nature ye talent houses wisdom vanity denied.
He joined Financial Solutions in London at graduate entry level in 1987. Prior to moving to Australia in 1991 with Bain, he spent two years in the UK in a senior sales and marketing role
No, the implant is positioned entirely inside the body.
In most cases, the implant cannot be felt during regular activities or sexual intercourse.
Recovery times can vary, but most men can resume normal activities within a few weeks.